Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Tuesday's Prayer

My God, today you have put the spotlight on my sin. If I will come to your house, if you will hear my prayer, it will only be because of your great mercy. I come only by the blood of Christ who is the guilt offering for all my sin. I speak now though heavy with sin only because of Christ who is my perfect sacrifice.

Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. This morning I you hear my voice, I lay my requests before you, and I wait in expectation.

Guide my every step. Light my path with your Word that I might bring you praise and that I might bear fruit for your glory. You do not take pleasure in evil so Lord may I bring you pleasure with the good. The wicked cannot dwell with you so cleanse me that I might dwell in your house forever. The arrogant cannot even stand in your presence so humbly I knell before you with only Christ as my plea. You hate those who do wrong, destroy those who tell lies, and abhor bloodthirsty and deceitful men. Lord, make me slow to sin and quick to repent. Lead me in your righteousness God. Lead me by Christ who makes and keeps me righteous.

I trust that only through Christ you have heard my cry for mercy and accepted my prayer. I rest in my Savior. I trust in my God.

Amen

No comments: