Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thursday's Prayer

My Father, you have done amazing things! When I look to the heavens I see your wisdom and your might. You are intelligent and creative. Your strength and size are beyond my comprehension. You are a great big God.

You have given your people good things. You have given me good things. You revive, make wise, rejoice the heart, enlighten the eyes, and give me what is better than fine gold. What you give is sweeter than honey. Your word is good and when I seek it you even give rewards.

I praise you God for the atonement you have made for me. I thank you for Jesus Christ. I thank you Jesus for being my sacrifice. Do not let me grow used to the idea or cold toward the truth of your atoning work for my condemning sin. My Christ you are great and you have done great things. You went into the holy of holies as the perfect priest and you offered up your body and blood as the perfect sacrifice. And all this for me!

Keep me from sin and make me useful. Make me walk in manner worthy of your calling. May I bring you glory and praise today.

In Christ my sacrifice
Amen

No comments: