Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Speak to my soul

In Psalm 35 David cries out for vindication, release from false accusation, and safety in persecution. Throughout the Psalm David affirms his trust in God. Repeatedly David calls on God to act instead of praying God will put the sword in David's hand. When you are innocent and attacked for no reason (how many times does that happen?) remember this psalm.

Lord, take up my cause. When I try to do good I receive evil. Fight for me my God as I fight for your glory. Arm yourself and do your work. Say to my soul, "I am your salvation." Lord, please speak to me. While other's speak venomous words I pray God speak the words of life. Affirm in me that I am your son. Strengthen my faith so that I will trust in you when I am wronged. Give me eyes to see that faithfulness that brings persecution is better than disobedience that brings friends.

Christ is my example. He was faithful to you in everything when opposed and abandoned by everyone. Make me like your Son. Give me a heart that wants to be like your Son. Change me my God.

Amen

No comments: