Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday's Prayer

It appears that every believer experiences 'dry spells' in their times of worship and prayer. I am learning to detect those warning signs within myself in an attempt by God's grace to avoid the pain and struggle of fruitless days. To do this I have begun reading a book given to me by a fellow minister for the very reason of avoiding uselessness in ministry.

The book is A Minister's Obstacles by Ralph Turnbull. In what I read today he offers this helpful prayer:

Give me neither poverty nor riches,
But a heart at leisure from itself (30).

I pray that we all will follow after God pursuing holiness. May God grant us a freedom from concern for wealth and fear of poverty. With King David let us pray, "Make known to me your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long."

Let's not wait on wealth but on the Lord. Let's not be concerned with getting more but be concerned with knowing God and his ways. May God free us from the ordinary.

Amen

No comments: