Monday, April 09, 2007

Monday's Prayer

Save me God because only you are my refuge. You are my God and I have nothing that is good apart from you. You are my strong delight and my lasting joy. Fill up my times of celebration in you because the time of mourning over sin and loss is not far away. Bless the godly; give me delight in their company and correction. Grow men and women to be more like you. Change me to be more like you.

Lord, you are my chosen portion. Lord, you are my cup and you hold my life. I thank you that the life you have given me is pleasant. My wife, daughter, and church are such blessings that are from you and based only on grace. When I look to Christ I understand that I have a beautiful inheritance. You are so good to me!

Give me counsel my Lord, please instruct my heart from your word. Forgive me for setting myself before me and seeking my own way. Replace me with you. May I set you always before me and my I stand firm in your will because you are beside me. Show me who you would have me to reach out to. Show me the lost with whom I can share the glories of salvation. Show me the weak whom I can encourage with Christ's fullness, joy, and pleasure.

My Christ, you have made my soul glad. My whole being rejoices and my flesh rests in you. Though I will one day die there will be the resurrection. You will not abandon me to hell or to the grave. I will be with you in Spirit and one day my body will be raised. All of this through Christ and all of this is from Christ. He is and has shown me the path of life. God he is the fullness of joy in your presence. He is the lasting pleasure at your right hand. Show me Christ today and guide me how best to show others.

In Christ
Amen

No comments: