Thursday, April 05, 2007

Thursday's Prayer

I give thanks to you my GOd with all my heart; today and all my days I will tell others of all your wonders. I am glad in you and I joy in you; I sing praises to your name, O Most High. You are all I need and all this world needs. You are my joy and my gladness. You order my life with strength and purpose. I give thanks to you my God.

As I read what will happen to your enemies I tremble. You will judge righteously and I am unrighteous. Each day seems to bring either a new struggle or renew an old struggle. My unrighteousness is plain to my eyes so it must be that much clearer to you.

You are a stronghold for the oppressed. I know you and I put my trust in you. I trust in you because you will not forsake those who trust you. I trust you and I trust in Christ whose blood you require for my forgiveness. I trust in Christ my strong king. You have made yourself and your Son known. Thank you Father for showing me Christ who is my righteousness.

Christ is the Alpha and the Omega; he is the beginning and the end. Jesus is my beginning and my end. He is a lion and a lamb. He is full of power and full of humility. He is the epitome of all that is good and gracious. He makes me good and pours out his grace on me. I praise Jesus Christ. I give thanks to you my Lord with all my heart; I rejoice in all your wonders. You have made me glad and filled me with joy. I sing praise to you for you are worthy.

Amen

No comments: