Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wednesday's Prayer

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 6:12).

My God, this morning I join David in saying, "I love you, O Lord, my strength." You are my rock, fortress, and refuge. You are worthy to be praised and you have saved me from my enemies.

God please give me victory against my enemies. I know they are not flesh and blood human enemies but spiritual enemies. The god of this age is strong but no match for You. Satan has his strength but it is weakness compared to Your power. Train my hand for war. Give me strength that I might bend a bow of bronze. Use me this day and all my days to advance your kingdom. Christ promised the gates of hell will not prevail against your kingdom. Use me in the advance. Show me where to fight the battle of sacrifice. Make me merciful, blameless, pure, and humble. You light my lamp and lighten my darkness. I trust you my King. Guide me steps.

Amen

No comments: