Friday, April 27, 2007

The Ministry of Carrying Stuff

Clans from the tribe of Levi existed to protect the Tabernacle when it was set up. We saw yesterday that they were like Old Testament assassins: if anyone comes near kill them (Num 3:10,38). Today we see that 3 tribes in particular are chosen to carry the tabernacle and it's elements. They aren't allowed to see the elements only carry them. Aaron and his sons would break down the tent and then in would come the Kohathites to carry the elements. If they looked at the elements they would die but they sure could carry them. Would I sign up for that task? Would I be jealous of the sons of Aaron? Would I moan to my wife about being a pack mule will Aaron's sons get all the God time?

Lord, give me a heart that loves to serve. Give me the heart of Jesus. If You should call me to be a Kohathite, Gershonite, or Merarite may I serve with gladness. Keep me from comparing myself to others and keep me from putting spiritual value on tasks. I do not want to be prideful and I do not want to be jealous. I know that's how I want to act. I want to be jealous. I want to be prideful. Lord, please do not rebuke me in your anger and do not discipline me in your wrath. My pride stinks and my jealousy is like a wound that festers. All of this is because I am a fool. I confess my iniquity and I am sorry for my sin. Please do not leave me, do not forsake me. My God do not be far from me. Make haste to help me. Come to me quickly to forgive and to heal. O Lord, my salvation be my refuge from my sin.

In Jesus' name
Amen

No comments: