Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday's Prayer

Reading- http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

God, I thank Your for Scripture. I thank You that You have recorded for me Your wonders, Your faithfulness, and Your history. You truly are merciful and gracious. I do not deserve Christ, I deserve death, and yet You give me life. I deserve to immediately be punished for my sin out of Your righteous anger and yet You are slow to anger and forgiving. Being full of steadfast love and faithfulness You sent Your Son to die for me at the perfect time and in accordance with Your perfect plan. Thank you Father for sending Your Son. Thank You Jesus for fulfilling all God's commands of love for me. Thank You Spirit for giving me eyes to see Your truth and a new heart to beleive Your truth.

Your Scripture is surely full of glorious truth. Jesus loves. Jesus knew everything on this earth belongs to him and that he was returning to You and yet he washed the disciples feet. The pride of place belongs to Him and He knew it yet Jesus you served!?! Forgive me for picking and choosing who I think is worthy to be loved and worthy to be served. Give me a heart ready to die everyday to self and ready to serve anyone at a moment's notice. May I always give You the best in response to Your giving me the best, Your Son Jesus Christ.

In Him and for Him
Amen

No comments: