Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wednesday's Prayer

Reading http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

My Lord, please do not visit my sin upon me when You visit. Thank You that the removal of my sin does not rely on me but Christ is the Moses of Exodus 32. Just as Moses interceded for the people so Jesus interceded for me. But Christ is better! Where Moses only delayed Your wrath Jesus drank Your wrath removing it completely for me. Christ is truly a better Moses, a better prophet, may I listen to His voice.

Jesus, You are the light of the world. Shine on me that I might walk in the light and not stumble.

Jesus, You are the resurrection and the life. I believe; help my unbelief that I may never die.

Jesus, You are the glory of God. Do Your work through me and throughout the world so that everyone will believe.

You truly are a better Moses. When death was foretold Moses prayed. When death was near Jesus, You died. One man died for the people. Thank You for dying for me.

Amen

No comments: