Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Wednesday's Prayer

Wednesday's reading- http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

Lord, one of the hardest things for me to admit is that I can't do something on my own. Like Moses I think I should handle everything; that's what pastor's do! Father, I am so wrong. I want to give like the widow with her two copper coins. I want to love You and trust You to the extent that I give my all to You in everything. Show me how to give everything I have and teach me that doesn't mean I have to do everything. Raise up workers. Raise up pastors who want to train others and share the burden with them.

Lord, give us the endurance of Jesus Christ so that we may endure the difficulties that lie ahead. Wean my heart, wean our hearts, from feeding off the love of others instead of joying in your love for us. Others will hate us for the name of Jesus Christ. Prepare us today to endure tomorrow.

To see Christ coming with glory and great power is an exciting thing. It brings me joy to think of my faith becoming sight and all the world seeing what I know by faith. Do not let me joy wane. Guard me from the worries of this temporal life. Give me strength to escape, give me Your power to endure, and help me to stand before Jesus Christ. Cloth me today with His righteousness, power, love, and heart for the lost.

Glorify Your name
Amen

No comments: