Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wednesday's Prayer

Father, make me a man whose heart moves me to serve You. May I not be moved by tradition or a sense of guilt. May I be moved by the wonder and glory of Your salvation given freely in Your Son. Give me living water to quence my thirst. Don't let me try to quench it with activities, work, or leisure. Don't let me drownout your words with TV, music, or even sermons. Give me food to eat that will satisfy. May I say with Jesus, "my food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work." Reorient my appetites.

Jesus, you are the savior of the world! All around the world children, teenagers, and adults of all ages are coming to know the satisfaction of You to cover our sins and fill our hunger for God. The field is white for harvest! There are so many more ready to hear and respond in faith. Give me an appetite to work in Your fields. May the joy of my salvation and my hope in my Savior fuel me. Show me more of Jesus that I may show others more of Jesus.

In His name
Amen

No comments: