Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thursday's Prayer

Reading- http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

Father, in Exodus we see the beginning of a new season with the tabernacle complete and Your glory filling it. In John we see the beginning of a new age with the death of Your Son. Both are about sacrifice. One temporal and the other eternal. Both were Your responses to sin. One dealt with outward cleanliness the other dealt with the whole person. I thank You today my Father that Jesus' sacrifice was a sacrifice for me. I thank You that the words, "it is finished," are known to me as both awful and beautiful. Awful because they refer to the life of Jesus being over in that body. Awful because He didn't do anything to deserve death. Beautiful because Christ's finished work buys my forgiveness and gives me His righteousness. It is finished.

Thank You my King
Amen

No comments: