Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thursday's Prayer

Reading- http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

Father, I want to know You the way Moses knew You. I want to talk, pray, and be led with clarity and purpose. I want to know You that I might find favor in Your sight. I know You will be gracious to whom You will be gracious and show mercy on whom You will show mercy. You blind eyes and harden hearts. I cannot control You. I can only ask of You that you be gracious to me, my wife, and my child. Show mercy to me, mercy undeserved to me, my wife, and my child. Holy God, pour out grace and mercy on this church that we may know You and be useful to You.

Forgive me Father for loving the glory of man more than the glory that comes from You. Christ did not glorify himself but trusted himself to You and dedicated himself to seeking Your glory. I am so foolish. Mankind is so foolish. I would rather be political and coniving than God-centered and patient. Wash me. May I die so that You might bear much fruit through me. May I stop loving this life. God I want to serve You. I want to follow You. I want to serve Jesus.

You are the one worthy of praise. Worthy of all the "Hosannas!" we can offer. Mary annointed You. The Father spoke over You. I believe in You; remove my darkness. I hear You; give me a new heart and the Spirit so I might keep Your words.

Help me my great King
Amen


As I read and prayed God spoke to me through His word. I hope you find encouragement in it just as I have:

"No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. "

The Holy Bible : English standard version. 2001 (Jn 15:15&16). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.

No comments: