Friday, March 30, 2007

Friday's Prayer

Lord, Your grace abounds. You did not come to save one generation or one people but people from every tribe, tongue, people, and nation. You sent Your Son and the Spirit recorded the facts so that I would believe and have life in His name.

Thank You Spirit for the glorious day You recorded for me; the resurrection day. Christ is not dead. Christ is not wrapped in linen and lying in another man's tomb. He isn't behind a stone. He is risen no longer subject to my sin and death, no longer under God's wrath, and living as Lord of all the universe.

By faith I say with Mary Magdalene, "I have seen the Lord." By the Spirit's quickening I say with Thomas, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus, I ask in Your name that You would give me wisdom. Give me wisdom from the Spirit who guides about giving forgiveness and withholding forgiveness. We, Your church, can't do that on our own or in our pride. Give us humility and hearts relying completely on You. Use us my King.

In the name of Jesus the risen Lord
Amen

No comments: