Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wednesday's Prayer

Reading- http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

As I did the reading this morning the event that stood out to me was the striking of Jesus by the officer in John 18.22. The officer was defending the honor Annas against this no-good rebelrouser. He hit the SON of GOD because this 'man' was lesser than Annas.

Father, forgive me of my sin. Forgive me for every sin that was laid on Jesus. I think I know better than You. I think doing things my way will give me more joy than doing things Your way and Christ suffered and died for my foolish demands. God, forgive me for lashing out at Christ with my sin. In the days ahead show me the horror and glory of the cross. May I not hide from the gruesome nature of what is to come. God it is my nature that made the cross so gruesome. Show me the horror that I might rightly feel the wonder of Christ's full work of atonement. Teach me God to no longer strike but to worship the SON of GOD.

Amen

No comments: