Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Tuesday's Prayer

Reading- http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/one.year.tract/

Good Shepherd, lead me today. Lead me to eternal life. Teach me to hear Your voice. Change me so that I want to follow You instead of following my own way.

You laid down Your life for me so that I might live. You opened the door for me to have fellowship with God. You lead me that I might know and worship You. Jesus, there is nothing that I need that You have not provided. As with Oholiab and Bezalel, You equip those You call. You give the gifts and strength needed to fulfil Your commands. Truly, nothing is impossible with You.

Guard me from the hirelings. Do not let me hear their voices or follow their leadership. My Savior, do not let me be a hireling who runs when difficulties arise. Give me Christ's strength to stand against the wolves instead of fleeing at their appearance. I want You to be glorified. I want You to lead. To You who give eternal life and keep those You call I give grateful praise.

In the good Shepherd's name
Amen

No comments: