Thursday, May 10, 2007

The ashes of a heifer

"For if the sprinkling of defiled persons with the blood of goats and bulls and with the ashes of a heifer sanctifies for the purification of the flesh, how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God" (Hebrews 9:13&14).

If the ashes of a heifer brought purification for the flesh how much more does the blood of Christ bring purification for the conscience! If the sacrifice of an unwilling unknowning animal is beneficial then the willing and intentional sacrifice of Christ for us is of tremendous value.

Lord, write on my heart today the value of Christ's sacrifice. You tell me that with Christ's sacrifice comes the cleansing of the conscience. Lord, my conscience needs cleansing. Wash away every guilty stain. By the blood of my King remove all my iniquity; blot out all my sin. Affirm to me what true forgiveness is in my Lord. Expose all my motives that I might me made pure. Thank you for Christ and the power of His blood.

Amen

No comments: