Tuesday, May 01, 2007

When it won't stop raining

We keep a few flowers in front of our house that end up mistreated for the most part. If it rains they get water and if it doesn't rain they struggle. Lately we have been getting plenty of rain; to flash flood warning stage. It is amazing that the right amount of water is perfect but too little or too much will kill. We talk often of loving and trusting God in the drought but what about in the flood? That seems to be where we find the Sons of Korah in Psalm 44. From their perspective they have been obedient and faithful. They confess that God knows the heart and have apparently kept nothing hidden from Him. Yet they struggle and are defeated.

Father, help us through our struggles. Give us faith and strength to continually cry out to You when we don't understand why. May you rise up and help us. Redeem us for the sake of your steadfast love. Though we are led like sheep to the slaughter we know that in Christ we are more than conquerors. Give me faith that loves the blessings and promises of Christ more than my immediate comfort and success. Make me the type of person who can praise you when I win and praise you when I lose. May my faith in you grow bigger than my circumstances. May my joy in Christ grow larger than my situation.

For His Praise
Amen

No comments: