Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Why can't we just be friends?

Do you ever wonder why no matter what you do for people there are still those that just don't like you?

"But Sihon the king of Heshbon would not let us pass by him, for the Lord your God hardened his spirit and made his heart obstinate, that he might give him into your hand, as he is this day" (Deuteronomy 2:30).

The Lord who is God if salvation is also God of conflict. Our omnipotent Father is not limited to only working through the good stuff of life. He also works through the pain and even through the evil. God worked through Sihon's rebellious heart and God worked through the cross. Read Deuteronomy 2 and Acts 2. Is your theology correct? Does your worship include the power of God over the good as well as the bad?

God please do not let us sale you sort. Do not let me try and cuff you practically with an unbiblical understanding of who you are. I want to know you as you are not as I conceive you to be. Correct my theology with Scripture. Change my mind with your Truth. God I want to know you. Show me who you are.

In Christ
Amen

No comments: