Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What God speaks, that I will speak

Repeatedly we have seen Balaam's stand on God's word. Yesterday we saw that in Balaam the committment to speak God's word must be joined with a true fear of God. It's safe to assume that when you see an angel with a drawn sword it puts the fear of God in you. And when you hear your donkey talk it causes you to think a little differently about what God can and cannot do.

"What God speaks, that I will speak."

There is the committment we all need to make. Stop wasting our words on empty flattery, lazy complaints, and destructive attacks. Satan speaks that way. We, Christ's siblings, speak God's words. Our speech is seasoned with salt, full of grace, and proper for building up. This is true when we talk to each other and when we talk to God.

David said, "Come and hear, all who fear God. And I will tell of what He has done for my soul. I cried to Him with my mouth, and He was extolled with my tongue. If I regard wickedness in my heart, the Lord will not hear; but certainly God has heard; He has given heed to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer nor His lovingkindness from me" (Psalm 66:16-20).

My great God I know you oppose the proud and if I love sin you will not hear me. Give me a right fear of you. You have ordained my days. You are my creator. You are my judge and you are my redeemer. As my judge you see my heart and all my desires. As my redeemer you cleanse my heart and recreate my desires. Lord, cleanse my heart because it needs cleansing. I want to speak to You; by the blood of my Savior open the way into your presence. I come to you empty handed, full of sin, and in need of Messiah.

Make me useful my God. Make my day a testimony to you. May I seek ways to serve. May I seek opportunities to make you known. Do not let me rush about wasting my time making money without thought of you. May I work hard with the desire to serve you. May I truly earn what I am paid and work so that others see those good works and give praise to you, my Father in heaven.

In Christ
Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.