Monday, May 14, 2007

The humility of asking for help

Today, in God's good providence, I was able to meet with a few people seeking help. All of them were at or near the end of their rope and were seeking help. As I have sat pondering all the wrong things I said and asking for some serious supernatural intervention I thought of the humility involved and why it is so late in coming.

Better late than never is true but these lives would have been so much better if the humility would have come earlier. Why do we wait until our lives and relationships need a defibulator to seek help? The answer is simple- pride. By God's grace, both the people got it today and without me calling them prideful. God showed them and the light has come on. Pray that light comes on for me and that the doctor takes his own medicine.

Psalm 65:1 Praise is due to you, O God, in Zion,and to you shall vows be performed.2 O you who hear prayer,to you shall all flesh come.3 When iniquities prevail against me,you atone for our transgressions.4 Blessed is the one you choose and bring near,to dwell in your courts!We shall be satisfied with the goodness of your house,the holiness of your temple!

Lord, wash me, this church, and Your Church of pride. Forgive me of the sin of "I can do all things BY MYSELF!" Give me the humility of "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." God I thank You that You chose to bring me near today. I am amazed that you would use me to bring people near to You. May I dwell in your courts so that I may be able to point others in the right direction. May I speak only your words and never sale out. I am satisfied in the goodness of your house. The holiness of your temple is wonderful. Praise you my Father.

Thank you my King
Amen

No comments: