Saturday, May 26, 2007

Read & Pray

Psalm 78:62-66

He gave his people over to the sword and vented his wrath on his heritage.63 Fire devoured their young men, and their young women had no marriage song.64 Their priests fell by the sword,and their widows made no lamentation.65 Then the Lord awoke as from sleep, like a strong man shouting because of wine.66 And he put his adversaries to rout; he put them to everlasting shame.

Read this again then pray for the brothers and sisters you will be worshipping alongside tomorrow. Pray they will see their need for the Savior and pray they will experience the joy of knowing the Savior.

Lord, prepare our hearts to worship. May I learn from history: sin leads to death. I know you are as angry today about sin as you were 3,000 years ago. May my love for you and joy in forgiveness be contagious among your people. Forgive me, put away your sword, cover me with the blood of your Son, my Savior.

Covered by Christ's blood
Amen

No comments: